Business Acquisition And Development
Starting or buying a business can be challenging. Should I form a corporation or a limited liability company? Am I buying the stock of an existing corporation or just its assets? How do I know whether there are any debts attached to the business? Am I leasing or buying?
In my more than 30 years of legal practice, I have learned about these concerns firsthand. Through my legal practice at Andrew M. Cagen, Attorney at Law, in Providence, Rhode Island, I assist clients in matters including:
- Negotiating and preparing purchase and sales agreements for a buyers or sellers of businesses.
- Help you determine your form of ownership, whether it be as an individual, corporation or limited liability company and takes the required steps to create that form of ownership.
- Examine land evidence records and those with the Rhode Island Secretary of State to ensure you are purchasing a business free of undisclosed debts.
- Conduct a closing to ensure that the terms of the purchase and sales agreement are fulfilled.
- Negotiate and prepare of lease for where you will operate your business or, alternatively, represent you in the purchase of a property.